2013 MasterWorks Festival Fees & Financial Aid
Early Application Fee:
$40.00 USD (applications completed by March 1)
$60.00 USD (applications completed on/after March 2)
*All application fees are non refundable.
Tuition for the 2013 MasterWorks Festival:
- Dance: $2800* USD (3 weeks)
- Modern Dance $1800* USD (2 weeks)
- Theatre's Long-form Improv: $2800* USD (3 weeks)
- All other programs: $3200* USD (4 weeks)
These costs include tuition, lesson fees, coaching fees, and room and board (three meals daily, seven days a week).
*Plus Application Fee
The MasterWorks Festival awards scholarships based on the student's need, artistic merit, and the programmatic needs of the festival. All scholarships are work-service scholarships, so a certain number of work hours are expected from the student during the festival. Students may work as library, administrative, or technical assistants, or as ushers. If you have specific experience with sewing, please email the Festival Administrator at email@example.com. Various other activities are available according to qualifications.
If you would like to be considered for financial aid, please mark the appropriate box on the application. You will be sent a financial aid application once you have been accepted to the MasterWorks Festival.
New- the C. David Oboe Fellowship! We're happy to announce a new scholarship opportunity for oboists. Click here to learn more.
The Starving Artist
It is our desire that all students be given an opportunity to participate in the MasterWorks Festival regardless of their financial situation. We encourage students to apply for financial aid, but due to limited funds, we encourage students to seek financial assistance elsewhere. Many have sought scholarship aid through organizations, businesses, foundations, youth orchestras, their county, and government. Support has also been raised through the help of friends, family, local churches, benefit performances and church recitals, in which freewill offerings have been taken.
Financial Aid Process
- Indicate on the Application Form if you are in need of financial aid.
- Once accepted, the office will send the necessary financial aid forms. All forms should be completed accurately and thoughtfully and returned in a timely fashion to the MasterWorks office. Prompt return of these materials will ensure a direct reply.
- Upon receipt of the necessary forms, the Financial Aid Committee will meet to review your application.
- You will be sent a letter containing information on the committee’s decision and the amount (if any) of aid to be awarded.
- After receiving notification of your assistance, please email the office to confirm acceptance/refusal of the award. Once notified of the decision, you may, if deemed necessary, appeal for a reevaluation of your application; please send an email further explaining your financial circumstance. When next the committee meets, they will re-discuss your situation.
- Once confirming acceptance of financial aid to the festival, a $300.00 USD deposit is required by May 1 to ensure that the scholarship will be held in your name. The remaining tuition balance is due June 1. We accept checks, money orders, and MasterCard and Visa credit cards. Please do not send cash in the mail. To pay by credit card, you may submit your payment online.
If you have any further questions regarding financial aid or fees, please call the office or email the Festival Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.